Monday, August 28, 2006

Print O' the Wave Stole

Firstly, my apologies for the blurry photo that my Guido took-- :)

Specs:

Pattern: Eunny Lang's Print O' the Wave Stole, free PDF on her sidebar (pattern was modified: see comments below)

Yarn: Peruvian Collection Baby Silk from Elann (3 skeins and a bit)

Needles: US 5 circulars

Modifications: I left off the border because I was pressed for time, and did 3 repeats of the wave pattern instead of 4. Also, I didn't do the pattern wave motif in two sections (which you are to graft together). Instead, I simply cast on, knit until I ran out of time, and then did the eyelet border pattern to complete it.

Views: I loved this pattern and the yarn (though I do find the Alpaca a bit scratchy on my bare skin). My only wish is that I would have had more time so that I could have made the stole longer and wider. (I made this stole in too much of a hurry, but I wanted to wear it for a friend's recent wedding.) I would, if doing this again, do 4 wave repeats so that the stole is wider, and I would make it at least another 12" in length. I'm not sure I would do the border, and I don't think I would bother with the grafting because the waves going in one direction do not bother me at all. I don't think it makes much difference, and in fact, I wouldn't want a graft line, no matter how invisible, going down my backside!)

Blocking Shots:

2 Comments:

Blogger VertigoVirgo said...

This is really beautiful. I just started knitting myself, and the best I can do is the stockinette. I just keep going back and forth until it's long or I've made a mistake. I'll continue to do it, until mistakes are slim to none, then I'll move on.

12:32 PM  
Blogger KODACHROME said...

Thanks Vertigovirgo! Good luck with the knitting, and if you can do stockinette, then you are well on your way to knitting anything you like-- :)

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home